Nova Scotia's Farmers' Markets & Farm Markets
Taste the difference local makes!
Looking for local meats, fresh seafood and locally grown produce? Craving freshly baked bread to perfectly pair with locally made cheeses and a Nova Scotian wine, beer or spirit? Maybe you’re searching for a wonderful new treasure created by a local artisan? If so, a stop at any of the 40+ farmers’ markets located throughout Nova Scotia will help you discover the delicious difference of the farmers' market's "make it, bake it, grow it" philosophy.
Farmers' Markets of Nova Scotia's Vendor Video Series
Discover six unique vendors and their products that they sell at farmers' markets around Nova Scotia.
Did you know that Nova Scotia is home to the greatest number of farmers’ markets per capita in Canada?
Traditionally, farmers’ markets are open 1-2 days a week, making the beauty of shopping at a farmers’ market the freshness of the products and the opportunity to interact directly with the farmer, producer, baker, cheesemaker, winemaker, and/or artisan. While many farmers’ markets in Nova Scotia run seasonally, a number run year-round, including:
- Alderney Landing Farmers’ Market, Dartmouth
- Cape Breton Farmers’ Market, Sydney River
- Greenwood Mall Farmers’ Market, Greenwood
- Halifax Seaport Farmers’ Market, Halifax
- Hammonds Plains Farmers’ Market, Hammonds Plains
- Historic Farmers' Market, Halifax
- Lunenburg Farmers’ Market, Lunenburg
- Musquodoboit Harbour Farmers’ Market, Musquodoboit Harbour
- Partners for Care Farmers' Market, VG Hospital, Halifax
- Wolfville Farmers’ Market, Wolfville
- Yarmouth Farmers' Community Market, Yarmouth
- New Glasgow Farmers' Market, New Glasgow
A number of farm markets - markets that are open daily year-round - are also found throughout the province, including:
- Dempsey Corner Orchards, Aylesford
- Hennigar’s Farm Park & Trail, Wolfville/Greenwich
- Masstown Market, Masstown
- Noggins Corner Farm Market & U-Pick, Greenwich