Tatamagouche, Nova Scotia
Full of character, Tatamagouche is a thriving seaside village that embraces quality of life along Nova Scotia’s Northumberland Shore. In addition to its proximity to several warm water beaches, Tatamagouche is a destination for those with great taste!
- Tour the vineyard and experience a wine tasting at Jost Vineyards in nearby Malagash
- Enjoy a lobster dish in the rail car of the Train Station Inn
- Try a specialty chowder at the Chowder House
- Stroll down Main Street to pick up a micro-brew from the Tatamagouche Brewing Company
- Great Room: Located at Fox Harbr’ Resort and Spa,The Great Room combines gourmet cuisine and professional, personalized service to create remarkable gastronomic experiences
- Take a drive to The Pork Shop to grab something special for the barbeque
- Visit Sugar Moon Farm and enjoy a legendary all-day maple breakfast and sugar camp tours in Earltown
- Dig for quahogs and go oyster tonguing at Bay Enterprises in Malagash
- Explore the Tatamagouche Farmers' Market for fresh produce and handmade goods at the Creamery Square every Saturday
- The Creamery Square is a waterside attraction in the heart of the village that also features a performing arts centre and an award-winning heritage centre. The heritage centre is a particularly fascinating way to get to get to know this quirky little community with stories of two-headed calves, Giantess Anna Swan, and incredible fossil discoveries.
- Balmoral Grist Mill: During demonstrations, see the mill in action, just as it would have been when Alexander McKay built it in 1874
- Sutherland Steam Mill: Explore this 1894 saw mill and discover Nova Scotian ingenuity in a mill once powered by steam
- Wallace and Area Museum: Visitors are invited to stroll through the museum (with over 1000 artifacts) and garden areas, where many of the original plants and trees can still be found. The museum also offers short walking trails, as well as a wilderness trail
- Train Station Inn: Carefully restored, the dining car offers the charm and nostalgia of years gone by. Homemade seafood chowder, fish cakes, steak and lobster make for a truly first-class dining experience.
- The Cottages at Cambra Sands: Seven 4.5 star luxury cottages located on a private sandy warm water beach.
- Fox Harb’r Golf Resort and Spa has been consistently ranked among the top Destination Resorts in Canada by leading travel consumer reports and industry peers. Fox Harb’r is one of only five 5-star resorts in Canada.
- Balmoral Motel: Located alongside Waugh's River and Trans Canada Trail and near warm saltwater beaches, golf and museums.
Seaside golf is at its best along the Northumberland Shore.
- Fox Harb’r Golf Resort and Spa: visitors can enjoy our 18-hole championship course and our par-3 course, both designed by Golf Hall of Fame architect Graham Cooke. This par-72 (7253 yards) course is a magnificent blend of both Scottish links and traditional parkland golf situated along the spectacular rugged sea coast of the Northumberland Strait.
- Brule Point Golf: Oceanfront course, beautiful views and14 holes. 5 new dunes-style holes with traditional Scottish links mounding, fescues, bunkering, and generous bent-grass greens.
- Northumberland Links: The 6313 (white tees), par 72 course, minutes from Pugwash, overlooking the Northumberland Strait, is one of Atlantic Canada’s most picturesque and challenging layouts.